As many of you now know, the City of Scottsdale has recently passed new requirements for temporary signs used to advertise an open house. The most important requirements are:
1) Signs must be 6 square feet or less in size and no taller than 3 feet high
2) A maximum of 6 signs can be placed and must be located within ½ mile of the open house
3) Signs are only allowed from 7am to 8pm
4) Signs must be placed on private property and cannot impede sidewalks
5) Signs must be weighted and durable to withstand wind gusts
6) Signs must include a directional arrow that is no less than 6 inches tall and 12 inches wide
7) Signs cannot have any attachments (no balloons, flags, etc.)
Please note that additional requirement may be needed to conform to HOA guidelines. All requirements of temporary signs can be viewed at the City of Scottsdale Zoning Ordinance Section 8.600 available on line.
*This article has been prepared for general information purposes only and is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation and varies from state to state. If you have specific questions about this issue or another real estate matter, please contact the Law Office of Aaron Green, PC at 602-525-4659.